Assess Your Eligibility
If your assisted living community is considering accreditation, you first must meet certain requirements.
Organizations seeking to apply for the Assisted Living Community Accreditation Program need to first meet these eligibility requirements:
- Is located in the United States or its territories or, if outside the U.S., is operated by the U.S. government or under a charter of the U.S. Congress
- Provides housing, meals, and a combination of supervision, personal care services that promotes quality of life and maximizes independence
- Offers services including nursing care, dementia care, medication management, rehabilitation, and palliative care
- Satisfies licensure, registration or certification requirements as required by your state
- Meets parameters for the minimum number of residents required - has served a minimum of 3-5 residents prior to an initial survey