Young woman working from home
Quality Check and Quality Reports
The Joint Commission has a longstanding commitment to providing meaningful information about the performance of accredited and certified organizations to the public. The Quality Check website, which launched in 1996, fulfills this commitment.
Quality Check Website
On the site, consumers have the option to:
- Search for accredited and certified organizations by city and state, by name or by zip code and by the organization’s Joint Commission ID number, if known.
- Find organizations by type of service provided within a geographic area. The results can be filtered by accreditation decision, type of provider, setting of care or patient population.
- Download free hospital performance measure results by clicking on the Quality Data Download tab.
- Print a list of Joint Commission certified disease-specific care and health care staffing programs, in addition to add-on certification programs including Behavioral Health Home, Memory Care and Primary Care Medical Home. To access, click on the Certified Organizations tab and then select a print format.
Quality Reports provide an overview of how well an accredited organization or certified program complied with Joint Commission requirements. Quality Reports can include the following information:
- Accreditation and certification decision and the effective date of the decision
- National Patient Safety Goal compliance (when applicable)
- National Quality Improvement Goals performance (hospitals only) on key quality of care indicators for: influenza immunization, perinatal care, emergency department, venous thromboembolism, tobacco treatment, substance use, and hospital-based inpatient psychiatric services. Data is updated quarterly.
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® recognizes accredited hospitals that attain and sustain excellence on accountability measure performance. The program is based on data reported for the National Quality Improvement Goals (see above). The Top Performer program — in its current form — is on hiatus while The Joint Commission reevaluates the program to better fit the evolving national measurement environment.