Designated Copyright Agent Policy
The Joint Commission respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is Joint Commission policy to respond expeditiously to any notice that content posted on our website infringes the copyright rights of others. All claims of copyright infringement will be investigated and appropriate action will be taken, including but not limited to removal of the infringing content and termination of user access, if applicable.
Notification of Copyright Infringement
If you believe content on our website infringes your copyrighted material, you must provide written notice (a “Takedown Notice”) to our agent designated to receive notices of copyright infringement (our “Designated Agent”). Such Takedown Notice must include:
- Your contact information, including name, address, telephone number and email address;
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the content on The Joint Commission website that is claimed to be infringing your copyrighted work, and URLs or similar information sufficient to permit The Joint Commission to locate that content on our websites and services;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit The Joint Commission to contact you, including your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the content on the Joint Commission website in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
The above information must be submitted in writing to the contact information provided below.
Department of Corporate Communications
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Blvd
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181