Reprint Permission Policy
The Joint Commission may grant permission for reuse of copyrighted material on its website to outside individuals and organizations at its own discretion.
- No changes in, additions to, or deletions from the copied or reused material should be made without prior written approval of The Joint Commission.
- Permission applies only to the material and use specified in correspondence.
- New requests should be made for subsequent use or for other uses of material.
- The Joint Commission may change or adjust permission fees at its discretion based on the specific request.
- Requests can be submitted via the form below.
Accredited organizations reusing website material for staff education will not be charged a permissions fee. For permission to reprint an accreditation/certification manuals, email
The Joint Commission charges a nominal fee for reprinting information from its website based on the specific request. Traditional media outlets and journalists reusing website material for a story will not be charged a permissions fee. Learn more at the Joint Commission Resources® Reprints and Permissions policy.
The Joint Commission charges a nominal fee for reprinting information from its website based on the specific request.
The Joint Commission will individually evaluate requests to use Joint Commission website material on another website. Other websites may link to our home page at no charge.
Sentinel Event Alert
All requests to reprint Sentinel Event Alert should be directed to , associate director, (630) 792-5178.
There are NO copyright or reprinting permissions required for the Speak Up materials or copy. In references to the materials or copy, we do ask that The Joint Commission be credited as the source for the materials or copy. For more information or questions, contact , associate director, 630-792-5178.