The Joint Commission Speakers Bureau offers qualified speakers on a variety of topics related to Joint Commission accreditation, performance measurement and quality improvement.
How to Schedule a Speaker
The Joint Commission will make every effort to fill speaker requests with the most qualified individual. The request may be forwarded to Joint Commission Resources® (JCR®) based on the topic and length of presentation. JCR is an affiliate of The Joint Commission.
After a speaker has been confirmed, he or she will work directly with the requester to develop a presentation targeted to the particular audience. Please do not list a speaker in promotional material until confirmation from The Joint Commission has been received.
To request a speaker, complete the following form.
How Far in Advance to Request a Speaker
For us to match the best speaker with the program, we recommend that you contact The Joint Commission as early as possible — at least 8 weeks prior to the scheduled event. Please allow 2 weeks for processing after submitting your request. Speaker confirmations will be sent between 30-45 days in advance of the event.
We offer speakers on a variety of topics. A sampling of topics is shown below.
- Accountability Measures
- Accreditation of:
Ambulatory Health Care (Bureau of Primary Health Care, Imaging Centers, Office-Based Surgery, Sleep Centers, Surgery Centers, Urgent Care Centers)
- Behavioral Health Care
- Home Care Agencies
- Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals
- Laboratory Services
- Nursing Care Center
- Disease-Specific Care Certification
- Environment of Care/Life Safety/Emergency Management
- Health Care Equity/Health Care Disparities
- Health Care Staffing Services Certification
- Health Services Research
- Heart Failure and Stroke Measures
- High Reliability Organizations
- Human Factors and Systems Thinking
- Infection Control
- Medication Management
- National Patient Safety Goals
- Patient-Centered Communication Standards
- Patient Safety
- Performance Measurement
- Perinatal Core Measures
- Pioneers in Quality / Electronic Clinical Quality Measurement (eCQMs)
- Primary Care Home Initiative
- Proactive Risk Assessment
- Second Victim
- Sentinel Events and Root Cause Analysis
- Suicide Prevention in Health Care
- Survey Process
- Targeted Solutions Tool ®(TST®)
- Tobacco Use Screening and Treatment Measure Set
- Workplace Violence in Healthcare
News & Multimedia
- The Joint Commission Stands for Racial Justice and Equity
- Joint Commission Saves Lives
- Fact Sheets
- News Releases
- Speakers Bureau
- Video Resources
- The Joint Commission and Social Media