Guidelines for Use
The Gold Seal of Approval is proprietary to The Joint Commission and may only be used by authorized accredited and certified organizations. Compliance with the following guidelines is required:
- The elements of The Gold Seal of Approval must remain in the same proportional relationship as provided.
- Do not change the format of The Gold Seal of Approval.
- The Gold Seal of Approval is reproduced using a four-color process. Reproduce The Gold Seal of Approval in that four-color process on Web sites and external signage. External signage includes billboards, outdoor banners, building signs, and corporate vehicles. The Gold Seal of Approval may be reproduced in any color on certain printed materials. These materials include newspaper advertisements, telephone directory advertisements, stationery, business cards, email signatures, fliers, brochures, newsletters, posters, tent cards and promotional items such as coffee mugs and T-shirts. There is a one-color version as well which uses Pantone Matching System (PMS) 117.
- Do not add graphic elements or devices to The Gold Seal of Approval, including other words or slogans. You may add the following sets of words below the seal: "Accredited/Certified by The Joint Commission." The Gold Seal of Approval must be reproduced in gold to use the following phrase: [your organization’s name] has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval."
- If The Gold Seal of Approval is used to promote accreditation/certification, it may only be used to reference services or sites that are accredited or certified. Example: If an organization’s brochure lists five sites, but only one site is accredited, The Gold Seal of Approval can only be used if it is clearly stated which site is accredited.
If you are featuring the Gold Seal on your organization’s website, please link the image back to The Joint Commission’s website.
How to link back to Joint Commission website:
- Download the Gold Seal image and upload it to your webserver
- Copy the code below in the text area and paste it on the webpage where you want the Goal Seal to appear.
- Replace "ADD IMAGE LOCATION" with the location of the Gold Seal file you have uploaded.