Quality Check and Quality Reports
- Quality Check® launched in 1996.
- The Joint Commission has a longstanding commitment to provide meaningful information about the performance of accredited organizations to the public.
Quality Check® website
On the site, consumers have the option to:
- Search for accredited and certified organizations by city and state, by name or by zip code and by the organization’s Joint Commission ID number, if known. Search results can be filtered by accreditation or certification program, deemed or CMS-recognized program, service or state.
- Download free hospital performance measure results by clicking on the Quality Data Download tile within the Data Download tab.
- Download a list of Joint Commission accredited and/or certified programs. To access, click on the Data Download tab.
Quality Reports® provide an overview of how well an accredited or certified organization complied with Joint Commission requirements. Quality Reports can include the following information:
- Accreditation and certification decision and the effective date of the decision.
- National Patient Safety Goal compliance (when applicable).
- National Quality Improvement Goals performance (hospitals only) on key treatments that affect tens of thousands of patients every year. Information is available on hospital performance on ORYX chart-abstracted performance measures such as influenza immunization, perinatal care, emergency department, venous thromboembolism, tobacco treatment, substance use, and hospital-based inpatient psychiatric services. Data is updated quarterly using the most recent rolling four quarters (12 months) of chart-abstracted data.