New on-demand PIQ webinar on new, revised requirements for Joint Commission stroke certification programs
A new on-demand Pioneers in Quality webinar is available to learn more about new and revised requirements for The Joint Commission’s advanced disease-specific care Acute Stroke Ready Hospital (ASRH), Primary Stroke Center (PSC), Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center (TSC), and Comprehensive Stroke Center (CSC) certification programs.
These new and revised requirements go into effect on Jan. 1, 2024, for hospitals seeking initial certification or recertification. They are designed to help certified hospitals improve safety and the quality of care for individuals diagnosed with stroke and reflect the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association national guidelines for stroke care and program implementation — as well as current evidence-based practices, research, and scientific statements.
The session’s learning objectives are to:
- Describe the stroke certification programs’ new and revised requirements and explain the rationale for each.
- Locate and use available resources.
This webinar is approved for 1 Continuing Education Credit through Dec. 6. To claim credit, you must:
- Individually register for the on-demand webinar.
- Complete the on-demand webinar recording in its entirety.
- Complete a post-program evaluation/attestation. The program evaluation/attestation link will be provided after the recording finishes playing.