Now available: New 5th edition of Infection Prevention and Control Issues in the Environment of Care
The fifth edition of the best-selling Infection Prevention and Control Issues in the Environment of Care — a Doody’s Core Title — is now available for purchase from Joint Commission Resources. It is designed to help infection preventionists, other infection prevention and control practitioners, and physical environment professionals collaborate to design, improve, and manage an infection prevention and control program that will protect patients, staff, and visitors from the threat of infection.
Key topics covered include:
- Joint Commission and Joint Commission International standards for infection prevention and control and related standards for the physical environment and emergency management across healthcare settings.
- The human element of infection prevention and control efforts — from high-level leadership to frontline staff, patients, and visitors — in such areas as hand hygiene, sharps management, and staff training.
- Infection prevention and control considerations before, during, and after a construction project, including risk assessments.
- Reprocessing medical/surgical items, including what types of items need to be reprocessed and the role of different departments in reprocessing.
- The impact of utility and water distribution and management systems on infection prevention and control.
- The importance of addressing infection prevention and control in emergency management plans to manage risks during emergencies.
- Performance improvement and measuring infection prevention and control in the physical environment.
- Guidelines, requirements, specifications, and recommendations for infection prevention and control in the physical environment.