Reminder: Earn CE credit for on-demand PIQ webinar on EM requirement revisions for Home Care organizations
New and revised Emergency Management (EM) chapter requirements went into effect on July 1 for all Joint Commission-accredited home care organizations.
A new, free on-demand webinar is available for Continuing Education Credit (CE) until July 31 that will introduce each revised/new standard and element of performance (EP). The webinar offers examples for how they would be applied, as well as highlighting resources available to assist organizations to learn more and meet the requirements.
The Joint Commission undertook a thorough analysis and rewrite of the EM chapter – resulting in reorganizing requirements, renumbering standards, and reducing the number of EPs by more than 30%.
The webinar session’s learning objectives are to:
- Describe the EM chapter for Home Care Accreditation requirements and explain the rationale for each requirement.
- Locate and use available resources.
CE credits are available for this webinar. To earn 1 CE credit, participants must:
- Individually register for the on-demand webinar.
- Participate for the entire recorded webinar by July 31.
- Download and complete a short reading activity.
- Complete a post-program evaluation/attestation. A survey link will display after the recording finishes playing. Cut and paste the link into your browser to navigate to the survey.