New resources available in Health Care Equity accreditation, certification resource centers
The Joint Commission regularly updates its Health Care Equity (HCE) Accreditation Standards & Resource Center and its HCE Certification Resource Center to help organizations meet healthcare equity requirements. The resource centers include:
- Snapshots: Brief synopses of approaches used by other organizations.
- Soundbites: Brief videos of organizations’ lessons learned.
- Strategies: Links to resources such as toolkits, templates and guides.
New resource now available from the HCE Accreditation Standards & Resource Center:
- On Demand Accelerate PI Webinar: Using Data to Identify Disparities Across Patient Groups — This webinar provides helpful information on the stratification of key patient safety and quality data to identify health care disparities. Leaders from the Missouri Hospital Association and University Health in Kansas City, MO, provide tools, resources, and examples to help organizations adopt a data-driven approach to identifying inequities and targeting areas for improvement. Continuing Education (CE) credit is available through Aug. 31.
The following resources are new in the HCE Certification Resource Center:
- Re-Engineered Discharge (RED) Toolkit — This toolkit is an enhancement of previous RED resources and introduces a new RED component on overcoming language barriers related to the discharge process. (Source: AHRQ)
- A spotlight on HealthPartners ‘Mammo A Go-Go’ mobile breast cancer screening unit — Learn how HealthPartners and Park Nicollet Health Services leadership partnered with the Jane Brattain Breast Center and other community organizations to launch this unique mobile mammography unit to bring cancer screening services into the community.
To continue to learn from other organizations engaged in health care equity work, sign up for E-Alerts to be notified when new resources are added to both resource centers.