Pioneers In Quality Fact Sheet
Pioneers in Quality™ is a collaborative program to improve health care quality and patient safety through education, innovation, and recognition of pioneering practices for Joint Commission stakeholders.
The Pioneers in Quality™ program started in 2016 to assist Joint Commission-accredited hospitals on their electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) journey to improve eCQM data use for quality improvement. It has expanded over time to include additional educational topics related to quality measurement, data submission, and use for quality improvement, as well as implementation of new and revised accreditation and certification standards.
- Key components of the Pioneers in Quality™ program include educational content, such as webinars for continuing education (CE) credit:
- Pioneers in Quality™ general session webinars (i.e., ORYX reporting requirements, new and revised accreditation and certification standards).
- Expert to Expert webinar series to connect hospitals with technical expertise on eCQMs, clinical quality language (CQL) and measure specifications.
- Measure-specific webinars to introduce new measures and describe annual updates to the measures.
- An online library of recorded webinars and video shorts for on-demand viewing and education.
- Collaboration with other measure stewards to align eCQM concepts, maintain and improve measures, and educate on annual update changes.
- Stakeholder engagement regarding measure development and testing activities.
- Outreach is available through the Joint Commission’s speaker’s bureau.