Joint Commission Resources
- Established in 1986.
- Is the official publisher and educator of The Joint Commission.
Joint Commission Resources (JCR) is a global, knowledge-based organization that provides innovative solutions designed to help health care organizations improve patient safety and quality. JCR includes Joint Commission International (JCI), a division that extends The Joint Commission’s mission worldwide. JCR is dedicated to helping health care organizations worldwide improve quality and safety across all sites of patient care.
JCR leaders, consultants and faculty have developed executive leadership and management skills in health care markets throughout the United States and the world. JCR is governed by a 13-member board of directors that includes physicians, nurses, business and health care executives, and quality experts from the United States and around the globe.
JCR helps organizations improve patient safety and quality through product and service offerings in areas such as:
- Clinical performance and operational improvement
- Environment of care/Life Safety
- Emergency Management
- Health and safety design
- Infection prevention and control, including multidrug-resistant organisms
- Medication reconciliation and medication safety
- Patient safety
- Physician leadership, including credentialing and privileging
- Governing boards and executive leadership
- Joint Commission accreditation process and standards compliance
Services and products are delivered in a variety of formats including:
- Consultative technical assistance services that provide a solutions-based approach to achieving sustainable results in health care organizations.
- Software that supports continuous compliance with requirements of The Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies and helps organizations assess and identify risk to improve quality and patient safety.
- Publications, such as accreditation manuals, books/e-books and periodicals to support practical learning and standards compliance.
- Online and face-to-face education programs to help health care professionals achieve both individual and organizational goals. Custom education programs also are available to meet health care organizations' unique requirements.
- The Continuous Service Readiness® (CSR®) program provides ongoing consultation and education on a subscription basis to support health care organizations in their efforts to improve the quality of care delivered in their communities.
The use of Joint Commission Resources consultative technical or advisory services is not necessary to obtain a Joint Commission Accreditation award, not does it influence the granting of such awards. Commission Resources consultative technical or advisory services is not necessary to obtain a Joint Commission Accreditation award, nor does it influence the granting of such awards.
Find out more