Joint Commission Resources Fact Sheet
- Established in 1986.
- The official publisher and educator of The Joint Commission.
Who We Are
Joint Commission Resources is a global, knowledge-based organization, which disseminates information regarding accreditation, standards development and compliance, best practices, and health care quality improvement and patient safety through a variety of services and products tailored to the needs and expectations of its customers.
- Joint Commission Resources, a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization, is dedicated to continuously improving the safety and quality of health care through evidence-based solutions.
- JCR leaders, consultants and faculty have developed executive leadership and management skills in health care markets throughout the United States and the world.
- JCR is governed by a 13-member board of directors that includes physicians, nurses, business and health care executives, and quality experts from the United States and around the globe.
- JCR proudly collaborates with 4000 domestic health care institutions, comprising more than half of US hospitals and more than 92 percent of the nation’s largest hospitals.
Driven by a guiding principle of reducing preventable harm, while continuously improving quality and safety in health care organizations, JCR helps organizations through product and service offerings in areas such as:
- Joint Commission accreditation process and standards compliance
- Clinical performance and operational improvement
- Environment of care®/Life safety
- Emergency management
- Health and safety design
- Infection prevention and control, including multidrug-resistant organisms
- Medication reconciliation and medication safety
- Patient safety
- Physician leadership, including credentialing and privileging
- Governing boards and executive leadership
At JCR, we are privileged to work with leaders and frontline employees throughout the U.S. and around the world to improve patient safety and quality of care through evidence-based solutions, while helping organizations on their journey to achieve accreditation and certification readiness. Services and products are delivered in a variety of formats including:
- Advisory services that provide a solutions-based approach to achieving sustainable results in health care organizations.
- The Continuous Service Readiness® (CSR®) program provides ongoing consultation and education on a subscription basis to support health care organizations in their efforts to improve the quality of care delivered in their communities.
- Software that supports continuous compliance with requirements of The Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies and helps organizations assess and identify risk to improve quality and patient safety.
- Publications, such as accreditation manuals, books/e-books, and periodicals to support practical learning and standards compliance.
- Online and face-to-face education programs to help health care professionals achieve both individual and organizational goals. Custom education programs also are available to meet health care organizations’ unique requirements.
- A subscription-based digital online learning platform that provides access to a curated selection of publications, newsletters, policy and procedure templates, and educational programs.
- One-of-a-kind dashboards, including Illuminate Analytics™, that house key quality and safety data from multiple sources in one convenient place, helping leaders draw more conclusive insights and take meaningful action.
Benefits of Working with JCR
- A single trusted resource to help providers tackle a multitude of quality and safety challenges, through a variety of modes and price points.
- Education on leading practices to improve clinical and business processes as well as meet and sustain accreditation compliance.
- Risk mitigation and management.
- Evaluations conducted by highly trained clinicians and patient safety experts.
- Part of the nation’s largest collective performance improvement enterprise – The Joint Commission, Joint Commission Resources, Joint Commission International, and Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare.
- The most comprehensive and integrated suite of advisory, software, evaluation, education, and publication solutions to help standardize and build a culture of safety and quality across the continuum of care.
- The only organization to share the unique mission of The Joint Commission of being solely dedicated to helping health care providers implement the very best safety and quality practices in the most efficient and effective ways possible.
- A mission of safety means we blend the very best of established, proven best practices in safety with meaningful innovations in data collection, digital tools, and analysis to provide clients with the best of innovation and experience.
- Unparalleled reach among providers across the country means we can share proven best practices in a wide variety of settings, improving efficiencies while advancing safety and quality.
About Our Team
- 116 Six Sigma trained consultants with expertise in environment of care®/life safety, emergency management, medication management and safety, infection prevention and control, and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS):
- 21 CSR consultants
- 45 domestic consultants
- 5 CMS consultants
- 49 international consultants
- Dedicated regional client relations managers, and principal consultants, who are clinicians, work with organizations to assess system needs and assist with the right JCR solutions.
- Clinical Advisors help develop our software and also help organizations implement and use the tools to improve quality and patient safety throughout the organization.
Joint Commission Resources website: www.jcrinc.com
The use of Joint Commission Resources consultative technical or advisory services is not necessary to obtain a Joint Commission accreditation award, not does it influence the granting of such awards.