Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®
- Launched in 2011 to recognize The Joint Commission-accredited hospitals that have attained excellence on accountability measure performance.
- The program is based on data reported for the ORYX initiative about evidence-based care processes/outcomes for certain conditions.
The Top Performer on Key Quality Measures program:
- Is unique from other recognition programs in that it is based on objective data.
- Incents hospitals to improve and attain high rates of performance on all the accountability measures for which the hospital reports data.
- Provides transparency to the public in the reporting of performance at the hospitals where they receive care.
How the program works
- Inclusion in the Top Performer list is based on an aggregation of accountability measure data reported to The Joint Commission during the previous calendar year.
- A recognized hospital meets established performance criteria based on accountability data.
- Recognized hospitals receive a congratulatory letter from Joint Commission President and Chief Executive Officer, a certificate of recognition, a communications toolkit, and acknowledgement on The Joint Commission’s Quality Check website.
In 2016, The Joint Commission introduced its Pioneers in Quality program to assist organizations in their electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) implementation and data use for the ORYX initiative. The Pioneers in Quality program includes continuing educational webinars and other educational programs, a resource portal, speaker’s bureau outreach, and many more resources.
ORYX, Pioneers in Quality, and Quality Check are registered trademarks of The Joint Commission.