Programs and services within your health care organization can seek certification for a variety of clinical programs. General eligibility requirements for certification are listed below.
Determine your Eligibility
Organizations seeking certification must meet all of the general eligibility requirements for disease-specific care certification. Your program must:
- Be in the United States, or operated by the US government or under a charter of the US Congress.
- Be provided within a Joint Commission accredited organization (for most certifications).
- Have served a designated minimum number of patients.
- Use a standardized method of delivering clinical care based on clinical practice guidelines and/or evidence-based practice.
- Use performance measurement to improve its performance over time.
These are general eligibility requirements. Some certifications may have additional criteria. For more detailed eligibility information you may purchase or download a free 90-day trial of the Disease-Specific Care standards manual.
- What is Certification
- Certifications by Setting
- Explore Eligibility
- Learn the Process
- After your Review