Senior male patient on stretcher in hospital hallway. Sick man on hospital gurney.
Acute Stroke Ready Hospital Certification
We certify 10 times the number of Acute Stroke Ready Hospitals as the competition.
Advance Your Stroke Care
This program is for hospitals or emergency centers with a dedicated stroke-focused program.
The top 10 reasons to pursue ASRH certification:
- Designation for excellence in the care of stroke patients
- Creates a loyal, cohesive clinical team
- Assists organizations in establishing a consistent approach to care, reducing variation and the risk of error
- Demonstrates commitment to a higher standard of clinical service
- Provides a framework to improve patient outcomes
- Helps to organize teams across the continuum of care
- Provides a competitive edge in the marketplace — supports marketing, contracting and reimbursement
- Enhances the facility’s ability to attract top-level talent
- Strengthens community confidence in the quality and safety of care, treatment and services
- Potential to increase patient volumes due to EMS routing protocols
Fulfill a Community Need
Offered in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association achieving Acute Stroke Ready Hospital (ASRH) Certification means you’re dedicated to providing stroke care to your community. This patient-centric approach is better for your patients, their families and your program.
Joint Commission-certified ASRHs and organizations seeking initial certification are required to adopt a set of standardized performance measures. Organizations collect monthly data for each measure in the set. The data is then submitted quarterly to The Joint Commission.
Resources to Help You Get Started
Explore the standards, get checklists, tips, and access to the Review Process Guide.
Our team is here to help you with any questions you may have about certification.