Elevate Your Cardiac Programs
Why Achieve a Cardiac Certification
A cardiac certification can elevate your program by providing the framework to help ensure you are providing standardized care, reducing variation and risk, and improving patient care. Receiving certification is beneficial as it can help with designations in certain states and shows your community you are providing care at the highest level.
Heart Attack Center Certifications
The world would be better if there were a system for treating heart attacks. Now there is. See how heart attack center certification from The Joint Commission supports the policy statement from the American Heart Association.
The American Heart Association published a policy statement, Systems of Care for ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction in October 2021. This statement sets forth recommendations for how the ideal STEMI system of care should be designed and implemented to ensure that patients with STEMI receive the best evidence-based care at each stage in their illness.
STEMI referring hospitals and STEMI receiving centers have specific roles in a STEMI system of care, and each should be as prepared as possible to collaboratively perform evidence-based, lifesaving treatment. Transferring patients from a STEMI referring hospital to a STEMI receiving center is part of a continuum of care that should establish hand-off and transfer protocols, including backup plans and procedures that ensure safe patient care and rapid transfer between facilities.
The Joint Commission, in collaboration with the American Heart Association, offer these certifications to help you and your community achieve the goals of a STEMI system of care.
- Level III: Acute Heart Attack Ready (AHAR) – For STEMI referring hospitals that may or may not perform primary PCI’s
- Level II: Primary Heart Attack Center (PHAC) – Ideal for hospitals performing primary PCI 24/7/365
- Level I: Comprehensive Heart Attack Center – For hospitals with 24/7/365 primary PCI available for the management of STEMI and has adequate levels of system-wide care to manage the most critically ill patients
Comprehensive Cardiac Center Certification
This wide-ranging certification is for the elite few organizations that provide care for every touch point in the cardiac care continuum. This certification meets the characteristics of a Level I hospital in a cardiac system of care. Learn more about this exclusive certification.
Explore Our Other Cardiac Certifications
The Joint Commission also certifies the following programs:
- Advanced Certification in Heart Failure – For hospitals with an inpatient heart failure program
- Ventricular Assist Device – For organizations providing VAD therapy
You Are Not Alone
Our team is here to help you every step of the way. Simply contact us and we will answer your questions and help you get started.