Accreditation for Children’s Hospitals
Benefits of Joint Commission Accreditation
Our accreditation programs, focused on quality and safety, provide you with a framework to help standardize processes, reduce variation and risk, resulting in improved outcomes. Joint Commission accreditation is proven to help you:
- Improve outcomes of care, treatment, and services
- Boost staff competency
- Implement improvement efforts
Accreditation is a process to enhance and objectively validate your performance.
How We Differ
- Standards informed by scientific literature and expert consensus
- Exceptional customer service and educational resources
- Survey that is tailor-made for your services
- Surveyor with clinical expertise in pediatrics for a tailored assessment
Our requirements are a practical, industry-vetted framework to help you minimize risk and boost consistency in how care and services are delivered. Our standards focus on key operational areas that most impact the safety of health care services, such as:
- Staff competency
- Patient assessment
- Medication management
- Infection control
Customers describe The Joint Commission’s survey process as educational and collaborative – an opportunity to enhance business practices guided by trusted industry experts. Our surveyors assess compliance to the standards in real time, guided by the patient experience and our unique “tracer” method. We conclude by providing your leadership team with a thorough, objective assessment and practical strategies for ongoing performance improvement.
- Tools to help you succeed
- Dedicated account executive to guide you through your accreditation journey
- Standards FAQs for help with questions
- Personalized web account to manage your application, account, and communications from The Joint Commission
- Publicity kit and listing on The Joint Commission's website, Quality Check®, to assist with promoting your achievement
- Checklists, webinars, seminars and much more to help you prepare for and maintain your accreditation
- The SAFER® Dashboard, a powerful business intelligence tool that helps organizations easily access data, identify trends and compare them with multiple variables
Why Choose Joint Commission
Our goal is to inspire organizations to improve patient safety and quality of care. We look forward to the opportunity to work closely with your children's hospital to achieve this for your patients.
Any questions about the Joint Commission’s Children's Hospital Accreditation Program, please contact us.