Explore Urgent/Immediate Care Center Accreditation
Improve processes, enhance standardization and rise above the industry standard with Joint Commission accreditation.
Why The Joint Commission?
The Joint Commission’s well-recognized and highly respected Gold Seal of Approval® sets an urgent care center apart from its competitors. It demonstrates to the community and staff that it is committed to providing the utmost quality and safest patient care and employee practices — proving the organization strives not only to do things the right way, but to achieve excellence. Joint Commission accreditation provides your organization:
- Dedicated support throughout the accreditation process including a business development representative to help you navigate the application process and an account executive to help you during and after survey
- Educational resources including a Standards Interpretation Group to help answer standards compliance questions
- Survey that is tailor-made for urgent/immediate care
- On-site delivery of accreditation report to expedite receipt of your accreditation decision
- Access to the SAFER® Dashboard, a business intelligence tool to help your organization make efficient data-driven decisions
Achieving accreditation has been shown to create systems that:
- Improve patient safety and care
- Continuous process improvements
- Boost reputation and market perception
- Strengthen financial position through expanded payer reimbursements
- Enhance standardization
Our Surveyor Team
Joint Commission employed surveyors are highly trained experts who are doctors, nurses, administrators, medical technologists and other professionals from outpatient settings. You’ll be matched with a survey team who understands the day-to-day challenges faced in the urgent care space and has the hands-on expertise to help resolve these challenges. They aim to provide a productive and educational experience as well as offer the support your team needs to maintain excellence beyond the survey day.
Customers describe The Joint Commission’s survey process as educational and collaborative — an opportunity to enhance business practices guided by trusted industry experts. Our surveyors assess compliance to our standards in real time, guided by the client experience and our unique “tracer” method. Our standards are urgent care-specific and match the process, challenges, and services your organization provides. We conclude by providing your leadership team a thorough, objective assessment and practical strategies for ongoing performance improvement.
New Quick Safety advisory on health care addressing intimate partner violence
An increase of intimate partner violence reported during the COVID-19 pandemic
Jonathan B. Perlin, M.D., Ph.D., M.S.H.A., M.A.C.P., F.A.C.M.I., Named President of The Joint Commission
- Recently Accredited Organizations
- Why Choose The Joint Commission
- State/Payor Recognitions
- Our Experts
- Our Standards
- Accreditation Options and Certifications
- Learn the Application Process