Contract Services – Performance Monitoring of System/Corporate Contracted Services
What are the expectations for monitoring performance of contracted services at the 'local' level when a system or corporate contract exists ?
Any examples are for illustrative purposes only.
When services are provided via a contractual agreement, The Joint Commission requires organizations to:
- Establish performance expectations
- Communicate the performance expectations, in writing, to the service provider
- Monitor performance based on the expectations, and
- Take steps to improve contracted services that do not meet expectations
- Evidence the contract applies to the 'local' organization
- Leadership awareness of the requirements listed in the Leadership chapter at LD.04.03.09 EP 4 – 6 and has knowledge of the established performance expectations
- Reviews data to support the above elements of performance
- Takes action to improve contracted services that do not meet performance expectations
Last updated on October 26, 2021
Chapter: Leadership LD