Comprehensive Cardiac Center Certification
Elevate your cardiac program from excellent to elite.
Elevate your cardiac program by providing continuously reliable care to your high-risk cardiac patients. Comprehensive Cardiac Center (CCC) Certification from The Joint Commission is proof your program meets rigorous standards.
Deliver on your Patient Care Promise
CCC Certification means you’re dedicated to raising the bar for your organization’s performance — evaluating and evolving the care your patients receive at every touch point in the cardiac care continuum. This patient-centric approach is better for your patients, their families and your program.
The Joint Commission’s commitment to this innovative certification ensures your program meets clinical performance standards for targeted metrics as well as other compliance standards. CCC Certification helps you:
- Reduce unwanted variations in care and improve the patient experience
- Improve efficiencies and outcomes at a potential lower cost
- Align communication and collaboration among all disciplines
- Position your service line to effectively face new challenges
- Promote a culture of excellence to boost retention and recruitment of talent
What it Takes to be Certified
To achieve certification as a comprehensive cardiac center (which meets the characteristics of a Level I hospital in a cardiac system of care) your facility must provide the following services:
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Heart failure
- Cardiac arrest/resuscitation
- Coronary artery bypass
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization procedure
- Valve replacement/repair
- Percutaneous coronary intervention
- ST elevation myocardial infarction
- Arrhythmia management
Organizations seeking CCC certification must meet all of the general eligibility requirements for certification. Your program must:
- Be in the United States, or operated by the US government or under a charter of the US Congress
- Have served a designated minimum number of patients
- Use a standardized method of delivering clinical care based on clinical practice guidelines and/or evidence-based practice
- Use performance measurement to improve its performance over time
Complete requirements for the advanced CCC certification can be found in E-dition the electronic manual.
Collaborating with the American Heart Association
The American Heart Association recently published a policy statement, Systems of Care for ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. This statement sets forth recommendations for how the ideal STEMI system of care should be designed and implemented to ensure that patients with STEMI receive the best evidence-based care at each stage in their illness.