Hands of senior patient lying on bed in hospital
Contact the Certification Team
Advanced Heart Failure
Let our certification guide your heart failure program toward improvement.
The Advanced Certification in Heart Failure program is designed to recognize hospital inpatient or outpatient programs that demonstrate exceptional care and optimize quality of life.
Certification benefits your program in the following ways:
• Demonstrate commitment to a high standard of service
• Provide a framework to improve patient outcomes
• Helps to organize teams across the continuum of care
• Gain a competitive edge in the market
• Enhance staff recruitment and development
• Be recognized by insurers and other third parties
What it Takes to be Certified
Key Characteristics of the Program:
- Core Disease-Specific Care standards plus additional expectations for transitions of care
- Organization chooses and implements heart failure clinical practice guidelines
- Organization must participate in the AHA’s Get With The Guidelines® - Heart Failure quality improvement program
- Follows standardized performance measures
- Certification is for an inpatient program, but requires either a hospital-owned heart failure clinic or a formal arrangement with one or more cardiology practices for follow-up care
The following resources will help you get started.
The American Heart Association
Offered in collaboration with the American Heart Association achieving certification means you’re dedicated to providing cardiac care to your community. This patient-centric approach is better for your patients, their families and your program.