Acute Heart Attack Ready
Let this certification guide your ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) program toward improvement. Meets the characteristics for a Level III hospital within a STEMI System of Care.
Elevate Your Heart Attack Care
- Demonstrate commitment to a high standard of service
- Provide a framework to improve patient outcomes
- Helps to organize teams across the continuum of care
- Gain a competitive edge in the market
- Enhance staff recruitment and development
- Be recognized by insurers and other third parties
What it Takes to be Certified
- Focus on symptom onset and first medical contact, emergency medical services, the emergency department, as well as catheterization laboratories (if applicable) and inpatient settings.
- Recommended for organizations without on-site primary PCI coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. An AHAR hospital may transfer STEMI patients to a Primary Heart Attack Center or Comprehensive Heart Attack Center for care.
Collaborating with the American Heart Association
The American Heart Association recently published a policy statement, Systems of Care for ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. This statement sets forth recommendations for how the ideal STEMI system of care should be designed and implemented to ensure that patients with STEMI receive the best evidence-based care at each stage in their illness.