During the on-site survey, we assess your compliance with Joint Commission standards. Survey length depends on the information you supply on your application and the agenda includes key activities like:
- A survey-planning session.
- An opening conference and orientation to the organization between our surveyor(s) and your team.
- A dedicated leadership session.
- A competence assessment process.
- An Environment of Care® session, including a building tour.
- An exit conference for the survey team to present a written summary of their findings.
A unique aspect of our on-site survey process that delivers unmatched value for our customers is the tracer methodology. We assess your compliance with our standards by observing how you serve actual patients, in other words tracing a patient’s actual experience.
We have two types of tracer activities:
- Individual tracers follow the patient care experience through the health care process.
- System tracers evaluate how you integrate related processes and coordinate communication among disciplines and departments. This process includes deep discussion and education on the use of data in performance improvement, medication management, infection control and other topics important to your organization.