Providing Support to Shape a Better Future
Leader in Patient Safety Advocacy
Our Washington, D.C. office acts as interface with the federal government and other stakeholders on key legislative, regulatory, and public policy issues to promote safe and high-quality health care.
We lead the health care field in addressing key patient safety issues and inspiring action to improve quality and safety.
- The Joint Commission is the only accreditor that develops state-of–the-art standards essential to providing safe, high-quality care serving as the basis of an objective evaluation process that can help organizations measure, assess, and improve performance.
- The Joint Commission is the only accreditor that accredits and certifies across the continuum of care, including flexible and varied certifications for any disease, condition or procedure.
We envision a future where all people always experience the safest, highest quality health care across all settings. Our extensive global reach gives us insights and a unique perspective in the delivery of care throughout the world.
Trusted Guidance from a Trusted Resource
Achieving The Gold Seal of Approval® demonstrates an organization's commitment to providing continuous quality and safe care for the patients and communities they serve.
The Joint Commission's commitment to high quality patient care and safety are at the forefront of what we represent to provide comprehensive and inclusive programs.
- Recognized in the health care industry and among policymakers as the pre-eminent health care accreditor.
- Viewed as the “gold standard” by payors and providers.
- Facilitates knowledge sharing about critical health care issues.
- We advocate to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on behalf of our accredited organizations.
What We Offer
Who We Are
- Who We Work With
- Why Work With Us
- Facts About The Joint Commission
- Policies and Financials
- Federal Relations and Public Policy
- Joint Commission Officers
- Joint Commission Resources
- Joint Commission International