Do You Have a Question about Joint Commission Standards?
There are four options for submitting questions.
- Online form
Complete the standards online question form. An e-mail response may require up to 5 business days.
Call the Standards Interpretation Group at 630-792-5900, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT. All telephone inquires will be responded to within two business days, not including weekends and holidays.
Fax your question to 630-792-5942. A written response may require up to 5 business days from the time of receipt. All faxes must include the following:
- Your full name
- Name of your Health Care Organization
- Manual(s) under which you are accredited
- Full address including City, State and Zip Code
- Phone Number (with time and date when you can be reached by phone)
- Fax Number
- U.S. Mail
A written response may require up to 5 business days from the time of receipt. Send your question with the same information noted above to:
Standards Interpretation Group
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Blvd.
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Thank you for your cooperation with these procedures.
We recommend that you browse the standards FAQs section of our website before submitting your question. The answer you are seeking may already be addressed.
Do You Have an Extension/Modification of a Plan for Improvement or an Equivalency request?
- See directions (Requires Adobe Reader). The directions are also located on your extranet – e-statement of conditions/PFI Menu/Request for Extension and Equivalencies
- Complete the Online form standards online question form.
- An Extension may require up to 30 business days to receive a response
- An Equivalency may take up to 45 business days to receive a response