The Joint Commission is changing how it provides complimentary copies of the accreditation and certification manuals to customers. Effective January 2014, all accredited and certified customers will receive one complimentary manual delivered via E-dition. Complimentary copies of the print manuals will no longer be provided. E-dition allows organizations to:
- Access manuals online.
- Have a much more streamlined experience with the manual.
- Receive continuous and timely updates.
- Receive only the information that pertains to a specific organization.
- Easily access a new side-by-side comparison of Joint Commission standards to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) Conditions of Participation/Coverage (available in the E-dition only).
- Support The Joint Commission commitment to an eco-friendly environment.
Organizations are encouraged to access their E-dition on The Joint Commission Connect extranet site to become familiar with its many user-friendly features. If you are unfamiliar with E-dition, staff is available to answer questions; there is also a tutorial on the extranet that can help. Hard copy manuals remain available for purchase at the JCR Store. For questions or concerns, call 888-527-9255 or email JCManuals@jointcommission.org.