Applying for Ambulatory Care Accreditation
Understanding the Application Process
The Joint Commission’s application for ambulatory health care accreditation is an important step in your journey. We use it to collect essential information about your organization, including ownership and management, demographics, and types and volume of services provided. This data helps us determine the number of days required for your on-site survey, the composition of the survey team and the services we’ll need to review.
Our application process can be completed in five simple steps:
- Request the application
- After your request is processed, you will receive an email providing login information. You can access the electronic application anytime, from any computer.
- Your login credentials will give you access to your own extranet page, where you can review and complete the application in stages. There is no need to complete the application in one sitting; you can save it in sections as you go. Also, your application is valid for one year from the date requested, giving you time to prepare for your on-site survey.
- Submit your completed application. Don’t forget to indicate the month and year when you would like your on-site survey to take place, and specify any dates your organization cannot participate in a survey.
- Submit your deposit electronically. Before we are able to process your application, we must receive your $1,700 deposit – which is non-refundable and is applied to your total accreditation costs. Submit your deposit promptly to ensure a timely on-site survey.
Lean on Our Support Team
Have questions about the application or the on-site survey? We’re here to help. Once you receive access to the application, you will be assigned a dedicated Joint Commission account executive. He or she will guide you through the application process — and beyond.
Apply for Accreditation
Ambulatory Care NewsView all news
Ambulatory Care VideosView all videos
- Why Choose The Joint Commission
- State/Payor Recognitions
- Our Experts
- Our Standards
- Accreditation Options and Certifications
- Learn the Application Process