Preventing Coronavirus Transmission in Ambulatory Surgery Centers
A pre-recorded Joint Commission webinar.
This pre-recorded webinar will provide an overview of the spectrum of clinical presentations and routes of transmission of COVID-19 with an emphasis on key issues and prevention strategies that freestanding surgical centers should consider prior to resuming elective procedures.
The time codes for specific sections are provided for quick reference:
- COVID-19 Symptoms and Spread (1:32)
- Are You Ready to Resume Elective Cases? (19:38)
- Preparations Specific to Ambulatory Surgery Centers (29:26)
- Scheduling (31:38)
- Intake (33:52)
- Preop (38:38)
- Intra-op (40:40)
- Postop (44:46)
- Discharge (46:34)
- What to Do if a Patient or Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19 (47:55)
- Physical Environment (49:40)
- Staff Health and Wellbeing (54:49)
- Resources (56:08)
If you have any questions following the presentation, please email CorporateCommunications@jointcommission.org.