New book from JCR on updates to Joint Commission’s Emergency Management standards
A new book available from Joint Commission Resources (JCR) focuses on The Joint Commission’s Emergency Management (EM) standards chapter for all healthcare settings. “Emergency Management in Health Care: An All-Hazards Approach, 5th Edition” aims to help in identifying hazard vulnerabilities and preparing for any type of emergency.
Highlights of the book include:
- Revisions to the Emergency Management (EM) standards for hospitals and critical access hospitals.
- Focused information and resources for ambulatory care organizations, office-based surgery practices, home care organizations, nursing care centers, and behavioral health and human services providers.
- More than 30 customizable, downloadable tools to assist with emergency preparedness and compliance with the EM standards.
- Lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- EM education and training, as well as testing and evaluating the components of an organization’s EM program, such as:
- Hazard vulnerability analysis (HVA)
- Continuity of operations plan (COOP)
- Emergency exercises or responses to real emergencies
Purchase the book.