Dr. McKee to speak about social determinants, inequities of healthcare in Aug. 11 Modern Healthcare panel discussion
Ana Pujols McKee, MD, Executive Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, The Joint Commission, will participate in a panel discussion about social determinants of healthcare and systemic inequities of care in a virtual symposium convened by Modern Healthcare at 9 a.m. CT on Thursday, Aug. 11.
Joining her on the panel will be Ayesha Jaco, MAM, Executive Director, West Side United; and Karen Fiumara, PHARMD, BCPS, CPPS, Vice President, Risk and Safety, Department of Quality and Safety, Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Dr. Bobby Mukkamala, the immediate past chair of the American Medical Association, will moderate the session.
The symposium — “Advancing Equity in Health Care for Better Health and Stronger Communities” — will focus on several topic areas:
- The importance of advancing health equity.
- The impact of social determinants of health on individuals and communities.
- Identifying appropriate short- and long-term solutions to chronic health conditions.
- Programs and strategies to improve community health while also creating inclusive and sustainable local economies.
- The role that healthcare organizations and leadership can and should play in creating solutions.
Learn more about the event.