New resources available in Health Care Equity Resource Center
The Joint Commission regularly updates its Health Care Equity Accreditation Standards & Resource Center to help organizations meet its healthcare equity standards. The resource center includes:
- Snapshots: Brief synopses of approaches used by other organizations.
- Soundbites: Brief videos of organizations’ lessons learned.
- Strategies: Links to resources such as toolkits, templates and guides.
New resources have been added to the center chronicling the efforts undertaken by Boston Medical Center (BMC), a 514-bed, private, not-for profit, academic medical center located in Boston's historic South End. With 70 medical specialties and subspecialties, over 1 million patient visits are conducted at the organization per year. The resources include:
- Six new Snapshots focusing on the challenges, successes and lessons learned during the academic medical center’s healthcare equity journey.
- Six new Soundbites videos with BMC leaders describing:
- The important role of leadership in developing, implementing, and monitoring activities to reduce healthcare disparities in their organization’s patient population.
- The assessment of social needs.
- Approaches to prioritizing, planning, and taking action to address healthcare disparities.
- Using data to identify disparities across patient groups.
- Approaches to keep key stakeholders informed of organizational progress toward advancing healthcare equity.
- New Strategies on:
- Vaccination rates
- Childhood asthma
- Perinatal care
Visit the Health Care Equity Accreditation Standards & Resource Center to see the newly added resources from BMC. To continue to learn from other organizations engaged in healthcare equity work, sign up for E-Alerts to be notified when new resources are added to the resource center.