New edition of best-selling JCR book focuses on improvement concepts for healthcare clinicians, students
“Fundamentals of Health Care Improvement: A Guide to Improving Your Patients’ Care, 4th edition,” is designed to help health-profession learners shape high-quality systems of care. This book, co-published by Joint Commission Resources (JCR) and the Institute of Healthcare Improvement (IHI), explores performance improvement (PI) concepts to help clinicians and students understand how to apply them to patient care activities.
Updated topics on health equity and disparities of care, brought to light by the COVID-19 pandemic, are included with a focus on how improvement methods can help identify and close disparity gaps in systems of care.
Also new to this edition is an expanded discussion of effective teamwork and the importance of creating multidisciplinary healthcare teams that partner with patients and families.
Key features of the book include:
- Clinical problem-solving and teamwork vignettes.
- Chapter objectives and study questions to assess learning.
- Comparisons of the types of measurement tools and ideas for practical application.
- Updated SQUIRE publishing guidelines and presentation strategies.
- Downloadable tools, worksheets, and resources.