CCE Targeted Topics webinar on exclusive breast milk feeding measure scheduled for May 4
A Continuous Customer Engagement (CCE) webinar focused on the exclusive breast milk feeding quality measure is scheduled for May 4 from 9-10 a.m. PT / 10-11 a.m. MT / 11 a.m. to noon CT / noon to 1 p.m. ET.
In January 2020, The Joint Commission launched new performance measure dashboards for hospitals. The dashboards are refreshed with the most recent data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and chart-abstracted and electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) data reported by hospitals to The Joint Commission under the ORYX® program, as it becomes available. These dashboards help to identify important quality targets and assist organizations in identifying where their performance lags and leads. The Perinatal Care (PC) standard for exclusive breast milk feeding — PC-05 — is a quality measure identified as an area that can be improved.
The aim of this webinar series is to provide an opportunity for all hospitals to learn from peers that have exceled at this topic. Bartlett Regional Hospital and Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center will share their best practices and lessons learned in achieving and sustaining impressive outcomes.
At the end of the session, participants should be able to:
- Apply concepts learned about evidence-based best practices regarding exclusive breast milk feeding for patients in hospitals.
- Identify common performance and outcome challenges in exclusive breast milk feeding for patients in hospitals.
- Prepare to implement at least one new best practice related to exclusive breast milk feeding in the learner’s facility.
The webinar also offers 1.0 Continuing Education (CE) credit for those who:
- Individually register for the webinar.
- Listen to the live webinar in its entirety. Only those listening live during the session will be eligible to receive credit.
- Complete a post-program evaluation/attestation. The program evaluation/attestation link will be sent to your registered email after the webinar.
The webinar recording and slides will be available approximately two hours after the session concludes.