Physician Leader Monthly February 2021
The latest Sentinel Event Alert provides learnings and examples that may be helpful as health care organizations continue to respond and prepare for future challenges that will require safe, healthy and engaged health care workers.
In other news…
- Enhanced survey process for hospitals with pediatric cardiovascular programs
- New EPs approved for medication orders for Office-Based Surgery program
- New performance measure for Advanced Certification for Total Hip, Knee Replacement
- New performance measure requirements for Acute Stroke Ready Hospital Certification
- Joint Commission, JCR launch new DASH™ data transparency initiative
Blogs for Docs
Environment of Care Considerations: Even as the COVID-19 vaccine rolls out, intensive care units are increasingly taxed. It is more important than ever to continue innovating on how to optimize our environment of care, writes Jim Kendig, Field Director.
More blogs for docs …
- Three Ways Primary Care Medical Home Survey Preparation Prepared Medical Centers for COVID-19
- Recent Law Impacting Rural Health Care Organizations
February Journal: A new study evaluates whether task load correlated with burnout in a large national study of U.S. physicians between October 2017 and March 2018.
FDA Alert: FDA alerts health care professionals and compounders of potential risks associated with the compounding of remdesivir drug products.
Infection prevention: Infection preventionists are stepping up | OutpatientSurgery.net
More media …
- COVID-19 vaccines, vulnerable to theft, leave healthcare supply chains scrambling for security | Forbes
- The Joint Commission shares COVID-19 dashboard used for survey scheduling | Health Facilities Management
- Infection prevention: More and less | Repertoire
A compelling conversation featuring Ana Pujols McKee, MD, Executive Vice President and CMO, Chief
Diversity and Inclusion Officer, and David W. Baker, MD, MPH, FACP, Executive Vice President, Division of Health Care Quality Evaluation. Listen to the conversation. [13:05]
More multimedia …
These free, on-demand, 1- to 2-minute videos from The Joint Commission, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and Mathematica Policy Research cover electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs).