Robust Process Improvement is...
A blend of Lean, Six Sigma, and Change Management.
How Do We LIVE RPI?
Robust Process Improvement® (RPI®) is a set of strategies, tools, methods, and training programs for improving business processes. It is a blended approach that incorporates lean, six sigma, and change management to increase the efficiency of business processes and the quality of our products and services.
- LEAN = increase customer value by eliminating waste and creating flow throughout the value stream
- SIX SIGMA = statistical model that measures a process in terms of defects
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT = actions used to prepare an organization to seek, commit to, and accept change
RPI is used internally at The Joint Commission to increase our capacity for improvement and quality. An improvement mindset is at the core of our company culture. Interactions with our customers are reflective of the RPI methodology.
Since 2008, over 1000 central office and field staff have been trained as either an RPI Yellow Belt, Green Belt, Black Belt, or Change Agent, resulting in over 1600 process improvement efforts completed using our methodology:
- 150 plus Change Agents
- 100 plus Green Belts
- 1000 plus Yellow Belts
- 10 plus Black Belts
Which includes 500 plus RPI certified Field Staff.
The Joint Commission
- Continuing Education Credit Information
- Leading the Way to Zero
- Robust Process Improvement