Choose the Trusted Name in Hospital Accreditation
Structure for Operational Excellence
We drive quality care and patient safety improvements through evidence-based standards, National Patient Safety Goals®, and performance measures which recognize developing challenging trends in health care. We provide:
- A consistent survey process is executed by employed surveyors who each conduct more than 50 surveys a year
- Surveyors that are experts in the different hospital settings and bring their knowledge of best practices to the survey process
- A unique Tracer Methodology during the survey process that assesses not just the transfer of care during a patient's visit but also the quality of care throughout their visit
- Resources and tools exclusive to accredited organizations to help them excel beyond the survey
Reducing Risk Through Data
Our data driven approach informs your hospital about its most susceptible risk points and identifies negative trends that may develop over time. Your organization can focus on the right solutions while minimizing risk.
We provide dashboards and tools exclusive for accredited organizations, including:
- The SAFER® Dashboard which aggregates survey observations in easy to understand graphs
- The Accelerate PI™ reports which allow you to compare your organization to other accredited organizations
Learn more about DASH™ (Data Analytics for Safe Healthcare), our collection of proprietary business intelligence tools.
Reimbursement and Quality Recognitions
The majority of hospitals recognized in the consumer press are accredited by The Joint Commission:
- Hospitals recognized by US News’ Best Hospitals, Watson/Truven Health Analytics, and Healthgrades America’s Best Hospitals
- Baldridge National Quality Award recipients and Magnet status hospitals
These distinctions are awarded in areas that are critical to consumers such as lower inpatient mortality, fewer complications, quicker discharge, more timely emergency care, and other important categories. The basic framework of The Joint Commission’s standards and survey process help organizations deliver this quality care.
What Sets Us Apart
The Joint Commission standards go above and beyond the CoPs, helping you drive toward improved patient safety and quality. Our in-depth survey process is more than checking boxes, we assess quality of care and patient outcomes. Accreditation can also help form the foundation for a culture of safety.
- Why The Joint Commission
- Types of Hospitals We Accredit
- Process and Pricing
- Our Standards
- Accreditation Options & Certifications
- Evolving with Care
- Learn the Application Process