Evolving with Care
Your commitment to safe, quality care hasn’t wavered. Neither has ours. How we achieve our goal however, now needs to look a bit different. Learn how we’re thoughtfully evolving how we do business to better fit with yours.
New Protocols for On-site Surveys
Surveyors will not be permitted to travel if they display symptoms or report close contact with anyone with COVID-19. On-site, surveyors will not enter areas with COVID-19 positive patients and will observe from a distance or remotely.
Virtual Survey Process
While our primary method for conducting surveys remains an on-site process, we are thrilled to be able to offer virtual solutions to help home care service providers meet regulatory requirements without risking the safety of their clients and staff during the pandemic. Currently, we have the virtual survey capabilities to serve the following providers:
- Joint Commission accreditation for home care providers
- Initial Medicare certification survey for home health/hospice providers
- Medicare certification for durable medical equipment point of service (DMEPOS) providers
- Initial licensure survey for home health/hospice providers in California and Florida
- Initial Medicare certification survey for hospice providers in California who have received a temporary license
Infection Control Focus
Additional Resources and Tools from JCR
Joint Commission Resources® (JCR®) offers a vast portfolio of virtually-delivered tools and resources to help you get and stay survey ready, address specific quality challenges or respond and recover during these unsettling times. Explore JCR’s latest educational programs or our innovative e-products including Tracers with AMP® that can help quality-focused leaders more effectively identify risk, implement and monitor improvements by streamlining data collection and reporting.