Evolving with Care
Your commitment to safe, quality care hasn’t wavered. Neither has ours. How we achieve our goal however, now needs to look a bit different. Learn how we’re thoughtfully evolving how we do business to better fit with yours.
New Protocols for On-site Surveys
Surveyors will not be permitted to travel if they display symptoms or report close contact with anyone with COVID-19. On-site, surveyors will not enter areas with COVID-19 positive patients and will observe from a distance or remotely.
Virtual Survey Process
While our primary method for conducting surveys remains an on-site process, we are able to provide eligible home care service providers virtual solutions to help meet regulatory requirements without risking the safety of their clients and staff during the pandemic. If it's appropriate for your organization to pursue a virtual survey, a member of our team will be in touch. Currently, we have the virtual survey capabilities to serve the following providers:
- Joint Commission accreditation for non-deemed home care providers
- Initial Medicare certification survey for home health/hospice/home infusion providers
- Medicare certification for durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics and supplies (DMEPOS) providers
- Initial licensure survey for home health/hospice providers in California
- Initial Medicare certification survey for hospice providers in California who have received a temporary license
For deemed providers, an on-site survey will occur once the public health emergency has ended.
Infection Control Focus
Additional Resources and Tools from JCR
Joint Commission Resources® (JCR®) offers a vast portfolio of virtually-delivered tools and resources to help you get and stay survey ready, address specific quality challenges or respond and recover during these unsettling times. Explore JCR’s latest educational programs or our innovative e-products including Tracers with AMP® that can help quality-focused leaders more effectively identify risk, implement and monitor improvements by streamlining data collection and reporting.