Evolving with Care
Your commitment to safe, quality care hasn’t wavered. Neither has ours. How we achieve our goal however, now needs to look a bit different. Learn how we’re thoughtfully evolving how we do business to better fit with yours.
Impact of COVID-19
Read what other professionals like you are saying about how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected their ambulatory surgical centers.
New Protocols for On-site Surveys
Surveyors will not be permitted to travel if they display symptoms or report close contact with anyone with COVID-19. On-site, surveyors will not enter areas with COVID-19 positive patients and will observe from a distance or remotely.
Virtual Survey Process
In addition to updating our on-site survey protocols, we’ve implemented a virtual survey process during this public health crisis for organizations where in-person reviews are not a viable option.
If it’s determined that your organization is eligible for a virtual survey to reach its quality objectives with less risk and greater peace of mind, a member of our team will contact you with the next steps. You won’t sacrifice any of the things that make the Joint Commission “the gold standard” in accreditation:
- Surveyors seamlessly facilitate the virtual event while providing the highest level of knowledge and expertise
- The ability to upload documents ahead of time helps streamline discussions during the actual survey event
- An on-site survey will occur once the public health emergency has ended (applicable to deemed ASCs)
Infection Control Focus
Additional Resources and Tools from JCR
Joint Commission Resources® (JCR®) offers a vast portfolio of virtually-delivered tools and resources to help you get and stay survey ready, address specific quality challenges or respond and recover during these unsettling times. Explore JCR’s latest educational programs or our innovative e-products including Tracers with AMP® that can help quality-focused leaders more effectively identify risk, implement and monitor improvements by streamlining data collection and reporting.
- Why Choose The Joint Commission
- Process and Pricing
- Our Standards
- Accreditation Options and Certifications
- Evolving with Care
- Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Orthopedic Certification
- Bureau of Primary Health Care
- Learn the Application Process