Joint Commission orthopedic certifications advance quality by providing a structure for organizations to improve their patient outcomes and reduce patient risk through clinically proven evidence-based care.
Orthopedic Certification Options for ASCs
Accreditation is just the beginning. Joint Commission is uniquely positioned to help your organization excel beyond accreditation with certifications that recognize your orthopedic specialty program.
The Joint Commission offers basic and advanced certifications. When looking to achieve certification, you must meet the core requirements in the Disease-Specific Care Manual which include three main components: standards, clinical practice guidelines, and performance measurement. When achieving an advanced certification you must meet the core requirements plus additional clinically-specific requirements.
As the volume of orthopedic and spine surgeries increase in the next decade so too does your competition. Joint Commission Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Knee Replacement and Advanced Certification in Spine Surgery helps elevate your services with the evidence-based proof of clinical quality sought by patients and payors alike.
Advanced Orthopedic Certifications:
- Advanced Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement
- Advanced Certification in Spine Surgery
Why Work With Us
- Professional Collaboration: Advanced Total Hip and Knee Certification is the only certification offered in collaboration with the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Subject Matter Experts: Our reviewers have orthopedic expertise and are current, contemporary, and relevant when reviewing your program.
- Our Approach: We will acknowledge staff for their contributions to the process and the program, and will identify best practices. Collaboration, engagement and sharing of best practices allows you to continually improve your program and ensure it is dynamic to meet the needs of a continually changing health care environment.
Customer Success Stories
Hear first-hand from our customers about the kind of support and guidance you can expect from working with the Joint Commission team.
Implementing universal screening to identify suicide risk in pediatric patients
Study in August 2021 issue of The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety
The Joint Commission names Jane Englebright, HCA Healthcare, as Board of Commissioners chair
New vice chair, six new board members also confirmed
- Recently Accredited Organizations
- Why Choose The Joint Commission
- Our Standards
- Accreditation Options and Certifications
- Learn the Application Process