Excel in Heart Attack Care
- Demonstrate commitment to a high standard of service
- Provide a framework to improve patient outcomes
- Helps to organize teams across the continuum of care
- Gain a competitive edge in the market
- Enhance staff recruitment and development
- Be recognized by insurers and other third parties
What it Takes to be Certified
- Focus on symptom onset and first medical contact (pre-hospital and upon arrival), emergency medical services, the emergency department, as well as catheterization laboratories and inpatient settings.
- Recommended for organizations with on-site primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PPCI) coverage for STEMI patients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A PHAC hospital may transfer STEMI patients to a Comprehensive Heart Attack Center for care.
We're Here to Help
Collaborating with the American Heart Association
The American Heart Association recently published a policy statement, Systems of Care for ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. This statement sets forth recommendations for how the ideal STEMI system of care should be designed and implemented to ensure that patients with STEMI receive the best evidence-based care at each stage in their illness.