The Joint Commission and American Heart Association / American Stroke Association’s Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification includes a new and exclusive suite of benefits.
The total fee for certifying a Comprehensive Stroke Center will be $55,000 for the two-year certification cycle including:
- Two day on-site fee of $5,600; and
- Annual fees of $24,700
The annual fee for the first year is prorated depending on the date of application for certification.
- Application submitted Jan – Mar: $24,700
- Application submitted Apr – Jun: $18,525
- Application submitted Jul – Sep: $12,350
- Application submitted Oct – Dec: $6,175
In following years, the full annual fee is due each January. For questions on certification fees, contact the Pricing Unit at 630-792-5115.
Comprehensive Stroke Center Benefits
Marketing and Promotional Benefits
Comprehensive Stroke Center National Forum
- Participation in four national Comprehensive Stroke Center web forums per year with unlimited attendance by Comprehensive Stroke Center executive and medical leadership and staff. Certified Comprehensive Stroke Centers will have input in developing a national CSC Agenda, establishing a full range of forum topics. Web forums will take place beginning in 2013, addressing current topics such as policy initiatives, best practices, clinical practice guidelines, administrative networking, and communication/patient advocacy.
- Continuing education credit for attendees will be offered in the future for clinical professionals as appropriate for forum topic and content.
Recognition at the annual International Stroke Conference
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Centers will receive extensive recognition at the annual International Stroke Conference with banners, posters, video clips and printed promotional material.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center executives and medical staff leadership will be recognized further at a special luncheon event hosted by the American Heart Association / American Stroke Association and The Joint Commission, featuring nationally-known speakers.
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center hospitals will have special recognition at the American Heart Association / American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines banquet.
- Special Comprehensive Stroke Center lounge area for networking and refreshments.
- Opportunities for recognition at the International Stroke Conference Primary Stroke Center luncheon.
- Sample messaging and template press releases for print in local media and newsletters.
- Web site content and art to supplement the hospital’s existing site.
- Social media templates to host events on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and others.
- Ongoing development of communication and marketing strategies to support Comprehensive Stroke Centers.
Advanced Certification Features
- Standardized accountability performance measures developed by The Joint Commission Division of Healthcare Quality Evaluation.
- Future electronic performance measure reporting for Get With The Guidelines users.