The Joint Commission Speakers Bureau offers qualified speakers on a variety of topics related to Joint Commission accreditation, performance measurement and quality improvement.
How to schedule a speaker
To request a speaker, complete the Speaker Request Form.
The Joint Commission will make every effort to fill speaker requests with the most qualified individual. The request may be forwarded to Joint Commission Resources (JCR) based on the topic and length of presentation. JCR is an affiliate of The Joint Commission.
After a speaker has been confirmed, he or she will work directly with the requestor to develop a presentation targeted to the particular audience. Please do not list a speaker in promotional material until confirmation from The Joint Commission has been received.
How far in advance to request a speaker
For us to match the best speaker with the program, we recommend that you contact The Joint Commission as early as possible -- at least eight weeks prior to the scheduled event.
The requesting organization is asked to pay an honorarium. The amount of the honorarium is based on the speaker's level in the organization, and the required preparation time. The requesting organization is also asked to reimburse The Joint Commission for the speaker's travel, meals and lodging expenses.
- Accountability Measures
- Accreditation of:
- Ambulatory Health Care (Bureau of Primary Health Care, Imaging Centers, Office-Based Surgery, Sleep Centers, Surgery Centers, Urgent Care Centers)
- Behavioral Health Care
- Home Care Agencies
- Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals
- Laboratory Services
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Center for Transforming Healthcare
- Disease-Specific Care Certification
- Environment of Care/Life Safety/Emergency Management
- Health Care Staffing Services Certification
- Health Services Research
- Heart Failure and Stroke Measures
- High Reliability Organizations
- Infection Control
- Medication Management
- National Patient Safety Goals
- Patient-Centered Communication Standards
- Patient Safety
- Performance Measurement
- Perinatal Core Measures
- Primary Care Home Initiative
- Sentinel Events and Root Cause Analysis
- Staffing Effectiveness
- Survey Process
- Targeted Solutions Tool™ (TST)
- Tobacco Use Screening and Treatment Measure Set